12.01.2013

dear theo // two months


dear theo,

or should i address this to my delicious little chipmunk?  your soft cheeks are burgeoning to beat the band and your sounds, oh your sweet chipmunk sounds!  you squeak and squak and squeal all the live long day.  we love that you let your voice be heard.  

theodore, you are tipping the scales at little over ten whopping pounds and already fit snugly in your wool winter sweaters.  you are still in the zero to three month clothing and will be for quite a few more weeks i presume.  your hair is as suave as ever, for you have not lost any.  and those dark locks of yours are just the softest, too.  after your bath i smell them for hours. 

at two months old, you are our wee cuddle bear.  although you sleep well in your bassinet by our bedside and enjoy your mamaroo rocker, your favorite is to be held.  it is my favorite, too, sweet boy.  i cannot tell you how many times i've let the dishes go unwashed or the bed go unmade so i can just hold you close and breathe you in.  i know i need to hold on tight, for this stage of smallness is fleeting.  

the other day i propped you up in your swing by the christmas tree and the lights lulled you to sleep.  every now and then you would open your mouth and let out a wide grin before drifting off.  i like to think that the christmas albums we've been playing nonstop helped a little bit, too.  

everyone likes to comment on who you look like.  it's clear you have your daddy's strong genes, but in some these photos i see so much of myself from my baby pictures.  just like stella, you are clear mix of us both.  you are entirely you!  and we love you.  adore you.  and could gobble you right up! 

love, your mama

11 comments:

  1. I absolutely love how you write. It's amazing.
    You're photos make me so excited for my little munchkin to be here!

    http://sincerelymealways.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, brittany! having little ones in your life will surely make you one happy camper. :)

      xx, amanda

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog. It's so lovely!! Can't wait to start reading along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so very much!

      xx, amanda

      Delete
  3. that second and third picture...

    I NEED ME ANOTHER BABY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your photography! I'm expecting my first baby and have just purchased my first camera. Can I ask what editing program you use? I love your style! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh how exciting crystal! i wish we had this nice camera for our first baby, stella. i just use iPhoto editing and adjust things around in there. I try to only take photos in natural light if I can. That always helps. :)

      xx, amanda

      Delete
  5. That hair! My goodness he is adorable!

    ReplyDelete