10.05.2012

bleu la la!


here's a peek at our new old velvet blue chairs!!  i am so smitten with everything going on here, from their gorgeous vibrant hue, to the wingback vintage style, to the cute little button tufting.  

they were andrew's mom and dad's first large purchase back in the day, and now they are going to go into our very first home.  upon downsizing they were going to get rid of them and i just could NOT let that happen.  i mean, look at them.  i don't think i could design a more perfect chair if i tried.  and miss stella wanted to let you know, she approves as well.  :)  

now...we just need the end of october to get here already so we can make the big move!

p.s. i've had my eye on these for a looooong time...so i'd say holy cow and lucky us!

do you have an heirloom or beautiful piece of family furniture that you covet??  

8 comments:

  1. Wow, compared to the "these" link you got a GREAT deal! I love the color of the chairs. They're going to look great at the new place!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are fabulous! A great aunt recently passed and our families raided her house for all sorts of amazing herilooms, but I was 800 miles away and got nothing. I'm still thinking of stealing an antique rolling desk my sister got. She'll never appreciate it like I do!

    XO,
    Dianna @ Virginia is for Lovers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new blue chair! Blue is also the color of my sofa and still in love with them till now. Yes I do have one coveting and that is the kitchen cabinet from my dad. It's made of solid wood which I LOVE! I don't mind it growing up until I started to shop for my own home furnitures and found out that it's worth so much! I'm still on the look out for great finds though but within the budget.

    Lucky you that you get what you want. Have a great weekend!

    audrinajulia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea you were moving! Congrats on getting your first house! That is so, so, so exciting!!! I absolutely love those chairs and I could not have let them go to waste either. We live in the city, in a 100-year old house, with one miniature bathroom, minimal closet space, next to no yard and no garage. I love it! I love the character that comes with old homes, and I love being able to walk to so many things in my area. I can't say I'll NEVER move to the suburbs, but for now I'm thrilled to be living in an un-friendly baby home with our little family:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the chairs girly! There is nothing better than old things with so much character. My mother has an amazing old rocker that has the most intricate details. It's over a hundred years old so none of us get to sit in it, but it's such a lovely piece that I definitely drool over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Freaking out over those chairs.They are just perfect in every way! You definitely lucked out!

    ReplyDelete