4.15.2012

little things on a sunday


i'm still getting over this random energy-sucking virus of sorts and still feeling pretty blaaah.  so in honor of my last day off until i have to go back to work, otherwise known as over-sleep monday, i decided to make the most of it!  by the way, i am writing this while on a heavy dose of nyquil...let me just say, you were warned.

goodness i love the weekends.  andrew and i started off our day by getting our chi in order, aka: a thorough apartment cleanse followed by a relaxing talk on our patio.  then i indulged in some shopping and sipping and snuggling.  after all, it is all about the little things that brighten up our day and make us feel like smiling, right?  



after our cleaning session, i went plaza shopping with miss stella and my mama who is in town babysitting for us.  i got these adorable pink kicks for baby girl at h&m.  i love how her little toes will peek through the front.  and those bows on the back!  *gasp!*  love.  love.  love.  i wish they made these in my size.

Photobucket

so i have a very serious questions for you.  why have a margarita without a pretty paper straw when you can have one with?  'tis a no brainer, you know?  these fabulous straws are from paper source and they are the perfect little darlings to kick off any party or sunday funday the right way.  we will be using them for miss stella's 1st birthday party coming up {sooner than i want to mention}.  after whipping up my drink, i told my sore throat to suck it up and then i sucked one these down.  it was reeeeal good. 




i planted our little patio garden from the herbs we got from the river market.  anything green or living in our home makes me happy.  blooming flowers, too.  i can't wait to make some herbacious cocktails and garlic-y pesto when these yummy herbs really take off!  bring on the mojitos!  

Photobucket

and the snuggles.  oh the snuggles.  baby girl was tired so we rocked and read and cuddled in her nursery.  do you see those little toes?  those little toes are going to be one years old, very soon!  baby toes just melt mah heart!  by the way, i don't think we can fit anymore blankies in miss stella's crib.  as of now, there are about seven...god i love her.

cheers to a good week and feeling better, lovelies! 

11 comments:

  1. soo adorable! sounds like you have what we had last week.. no fun! feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those pink shoes! H&M has some super cute baby stuff. The plaza in Kansas City is one of my favorite places to shop :) Where do you get paper straws? They are so fun... I need some :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it the best! I got them at Paper Source :)
      xo, Amanda

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh, those tiny shoes are so adorable! I hopt you're all feeling better soon.

    P.S. I have a bunch of these striped straws. Love 'em!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I drink my lemon water everyday with a straw because I swear it makes me drink more for some reason, I can't even imagine how hydrated I'd be if I had those striped straws!
    And I cannot get over how cute those little pink shoes are :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You would be very hydrated, mama! I need to start doing that as I def. do not drink enough water!

      xo, Amanda

      Delete
  5. Miss Stella is SO adorable- and those cute little baby toes- <3

    kendall
    songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i bet drinks taste better out of those cute straws. seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Soo cute!! And those shoes are the most adorable thing i've ever seen. Love them and your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, I just have to say that those shoes are PRECIOUS! Teeny pink shoes definitely melt this momma's heart! :) Definitely excited to start following your blog... Enjoy your week!

    ReplyDelete