dear theo,
after what felt like an eternity, we escaped from the hospital after one week in the nicu. okay, okay. so the nurses and doctors willingly let us go after you showed them how you can breastfeed like a champ, but it sure felt like we were breaking free of some sort of prison when we left. i remember breathing in that fresh fall air with more purpose than before as each stride we made toward the car was one step closer to having you home. your dad and i couldn't shake the silly grins off our faces if we tried as we drove very slowly with you and your big sis in the back seat. "a family of four," we kept saying. just wow. walking up our creaky three flights of stairs with you all snug in your carrier was surreal, too. you gave a comforting squeak every now and then as we kept climbing. and when we opened our front door at the way top to our cozy home everything just fell into place. you, little one, were always meant to be. welcome home, theodore louie.
love, your mama
Oh my goodness gracious alive, he is a pure angel. SO BEAUTIFUL!
ReplyDeleteMade me cry. He is so beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMade me cry. He is beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThese photos are stunning! Congrats on being able to take him home he is such a cutie.
ReplyDeleteLeah Faye
a clover and a bee
I've followed your blog (and pregnancy) and am so happy to finally meet this lil man! How adorable :)
ReplyDeleteOh my, I am so happy for you guys! He is beautiful, and very sweet. I wish you some peaceful family days!
ReplyDeleteFine
Congratulations, he is amazing. I love his name!
ReplyDeleteso adorable. fuzzy head and lanky legs. PERFECTION.
ReplyDeleteSo, so, so perfect your Theo!! I´m 26 weeks pregnant and we are going to call our baby Teo (without h)...Muchos besos desde Spain!!
ReplyDeleteYou have the most beautiful boy!! May I ask which lens you are using? Your photos are amazing! x
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI absolutely ADORE your blog. So I guess its you that I adore ;)
ReplyDeleteJust found it anyway and I have to say Congratulations on you sweet little boy <3