we do outdoorsy things like shakespeare in the park.
we frequent ricos taco lupe for some cheap street tacos on tuesday.
we spend hours at the park. going up slides.
we swing.
some of us nap.
andrew and i date at outdoor concerts. this was gogol bordello and the killers at buzz under the stars night II. 'twas premium.
i expand my vintage scarf collection by hitting up local fleas. found these gems at cowtown on a sunday.
we pick wild flowers.
we try new places, like oceans of fun. stella loved it. i promise.
we savor watermelon on nana's cool mexican blanket.
we visit the plaza library weekly.
we read marcel the shell over and over and over because it's the best book ever.
we jam to simon and garfunkel.
we paint our toes the same shade of red and snuggle in bed.
we pickle everythang.
and eat lots and lots of yummy in season foods.
while drinking lots and lots of coffee in our new espresso machine.
and then there's little freshie where we sip on homemade sodas. she had strawberry rhubarb and i had blackberry lavender. pretty wonderful stuff.
sweet summer is winding down and we have so much to be thankful for. looking back through our photos i am in awe of how much we have done throughout the past few weeks. we are busy bees, indeed! the four of us have been leisurely tackling our summer bucket list, doing things as they organically surface. it feels better that way. there are only a few more weeks to get some fun stuff in for autumn arrives so we will surely take advantage of them. oh, delicious autumn! i cannot wait for scarves and tights and mustard colored everything. i really cannot. but for now, our focus is summer, so summer we shall devour.


















I love this so much <3
ReplyDeleteyou have such an eye for photography! absolutely love every picture.
ReplyDeletevery kind of you! thanks :)
Deletexx, amanda
adorable photos!! i love them =)
ReplyDeletelesleykim.blogspot.com
LesleyKim
I live in KC, and went to cowtown today for the first time. I love it!!! Our church is actually leasing and renovating the first floor for our church services. No better way to spend a sunday then going upstairs and shopping some flea market/antique finds. I saw some of those vintage scarves, great prices!
ReplyDeleteI live in KC and went to the cowtown today for the first time and I loved it. My church is actually leasing and renovating the first floor for our church services. Now every sunday I can just head upstairs and go shopping! Do you have any awesome KC antique malls/flea market suggestions?
ReplyDeletehow awesome!! isn't cowtown fun!? i love browsing there. some of my favs to thrift at are waldo goodwill, maj-r thrift, city thrift, and donnas dress (which is vintage and pricy but amazing).
Deletexx, amanda
This comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteAwesome, I follow Donna's dress shop on fb, I just haven't had a chance to go by there yet. I was so overwhelmed by all the vinyls at cowtown but I loved it! I definitely think there's a lot of great thrift store options around the waldo area. Have you heard of a salvation army in Brookside? Someone once said that was a great place, I haven't been there though. Sorry if 2 comments show up, my computer's been acting funny.
DeleteHi Amanda-I discovered you on Instagram and love your feed. Figured its time I check out the blog as well! Love all your photos!
ReplyDelete