1. that freckles and tiny moles would appear EVERYWHERE.
like "boom!" i tell ya. one day when i happened to be wearing a tank top i casually walked by stella's mirror and saw what appeared to be tiny brown flecks all over my décolletage. not cool, friends.
why do they appear? when did they appear? will they go away?
i remember them sprouting when i was pregnant with stella but not this much. i am not going to let it deter me from wearing sun dresses or tank tops, nosiree. but i would love any ideas to help diminish their appearance if you have experienced this before yourself.
2. that one minute i will
and then that minute passes...and my need swiftly transforms into an obsession with the puffy marshmallows in lucky charms, and mere the thought of indian food makes me wanna gag.
but soon after this food fantasy whirlwind i find myself in the parking lot of a run-down taco bell after school, awkwardly by myself, downing my third gordita as fire sauce stains the outside of my mouth, leaving me only wanting more.
typical.
3. that all day every day will feel like i am trying to stay away while on a sleeping pill and that ironically i will need a sleeping pill to go to sleep at night (which will be before 9 mark my words). the logic in that is lost, i know, but such all logic whilst pregnant.
4. that i will pee my pants.
yep.
no details necessary, only that it happens more frequently than i would like to admit.
5. that i was going to show/not fit in my pants/have a big belly basically at conception this second time around, and that maternity pants would be my bestest friend well before i ever thought i would need to pull them out of storage. i am way, way bigger right now at three months than i was with stella at this time.
it's hard to get used to, this bourgeoning belly of mine.
but so be it.
is there anything you wish others would have told you about pregnancy? good golly i'd love to hear!

This made me laugh! I'm going through the same thing at 18 weeks right now with my third and my pants are like WAY too tight....and I'm still trying to keep it a secret for another couple days until my mom comes to visit!! And my poor hubby is so good to fulfill my craving for berry sherbet, and then chocolate milk, and an entire cantaloupe, and root beer! Pregnancy is so fun. But I totally feel like I'm popping out way sooner than I was with my other two kids...and I can't do jumping jacks anymore for reason #4. Haha.
ReplyDeleteHa, I can't say I share all of those sensations, but pregnancy definitely is full of its little surprises. This is my first and at 30 weeks I don't hold back on the cravings :) Cheetos followed by pineapple, why not!
ReplyDeletewhen i was pregnant with my son i often forgot i was pregnant because i didn't had anything (except for the belly) that would remind me of it.
ReplyDeletebut this babygirl is making it hard for me. sick. i mean. ALL THE TIME. not sleeping well. acne. i can tell you... this is not cool at all. the only thing that's keeping me going now is my son and knowing that this will be my last child so i have to suck it up for another 4 months :)
x
http://www.mamajulesbrussels.blogspot.com
My belly feels massive this time too (& I keep forgetting which week I'm at, luckily I can still remember the due date..):) ! I find this second pregnancy just races by but is harder (particularly on the back with having to carry a toddler sometimes).. I hope you're doing really well & I love your way with words!
ReplyDeleteLove from Germany :)