4.15.2013
pregnancy // 3 months
we're three months! andrew took this photo this past weekend right outside our apartment. the sun was very generous to me and our little one, as you can see. this saturday night we got dressed up and trucked north to smithville for some delicious food at the justus drugstore. i ate a big ol' steak, can you believe it!? the whole anti-meat thing is wearing off a bit and i am more than pleased.
bebe is the size of a sweet little peach these days. it's that just wild? every week i look forward to reading about the changes going on inside my belly, thinking about the baby that soon will be in our arms. often times i find myself lost in thought about how amazing it is to be able to grow a human. andrew and i find ourselves on the couch just chatting with our babe, whispering "i love you's," and catching each other flash endless grins and smiling eyes. goodness andrew is such a good daddy. i am blessed beyond words to be raising a family with him. seeing him bend down and talk to my belly might just be the sweetest thing in the whole wide world. it melts me every time.
my mind is making the slow transition to the awesome fact that i am never alone...that there is a tiny being inside of me, needing me 24/7. it's an overwhelming yet comforting thought to have. sometimes i go throughout the day doing my normal routine and then it hits me, i am growing a baby! there is life inside of me! whoa.
i also frequently ponder what our life will be like with two instead of one. i zone in on the little things, like what will bedtime look like when these kiddos share a room, or what will navigating our three flights of stairs look like with two tiny ones? being that we downsized to a smaller home, we are going to make a tiny nursery in the corner of our room for the first six months or so. stella will have her own room for another year. and then will come the day when our babies will have to share their space. i know it will all work out somehow, but it seems a bit chaotic even this far away.
now that i am a little over three months along, i am starting to feel pretty good. the exhaustion has not let up, but i will take that over nausea any day. yesterday i slept until 11:30 (bless you, husband!) and took another hour nap around 4. it was only supposed to be a ten minute snooze, but you know how that goes. i have been kinder on my body as of late and have really listened to its needs. sleep seems to always be at the top of the list, so sleep i do!
and another thing, i need to keep this tummy of mine full throughout the day. subway always sounds divine, and a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie is a constant craving. as far as weight gain goes, i've gained 2 pounds. i am wearing maternity pants for comfort during the day at work, and lots of maxi dresses once i get home. i got this hatch dress and haven't taken it off. it's a dream. no stretch marks as of yet (hooray!), and i religiously use burt's bees body oil every night to ward them off. it smells really good, too.
we are looking forward to our next appointment in the looming weeks ahead, but as of now are not going to find out about this baby's gender. stella's delivery was hard on us (she was 5 weeks early and had to go straight to the NICU) so we want to add an element of happy surprise this time around. who knows, we may totally change our minds though. it wouldn't surprise me at all!
Labels:
pregnancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Congrats again! You look wonderful, and I'm happy to hear that you are feeling better. A steak? That is amazing!! So, I'm guessing you are due around October 25th? Do they know why Stella came early, and if so do you or your dr. think this little babe will arrive ahead of schedule?
ReplyDeleteThank you sweet friend! I am due on October 25th, indeed! I love that our dates are so close together. Stella came early because of some sort of unknown infection she had. This time around I will have to get shots every week starting at 16 weeks to prevent early labor. They predict I am an early deliverer, so the shots should help! Was Soren early?
DeleteCongratulations. Love your pregnant style. Super cute tights!! x
ReplyDeleteCongratulations again! :) maybe this one will stay an extra day and I can share my birthday! I hope everything goes well for you and your family!.
ReplyDeletecongrats! we are not far apart, i am 22 weeks along now and the boy is 2years and two months. looks like our kids will be the same in age :)
ReplyDeletehttp://www.mamajulesbrussels.blogspot.com
So I know I should have said congrats a long time ago, but I was waiting so that I could say this ... We're gonna have babies together!! In KC!! :) I'm due Nov. 4th. We are totally going to have to do some baby play dates! Especially since I don't know what the heck I'm doing! Congrats again lady!
ReplyDelete