when i woke up on saturday morning it was in our new home with faint beat of coffee dripping into big ol' pot around the corner. from the sound of it, someone was scraping eggs onto a plate and while a little girl found joy in kicking the base of her yellow wooden high chair.
it was the sound of family. the sound of love. you know, the best sound ever.
after rubbing my eyes i turned over to peer out the window on what i promise you to be the most comfortable space to ever exist in the world. for real, our bed would make clouds jealous.
as i laid there with my head somewhat buried under the pillows, i could not help but get an overwhelming sense of calm.
"finally!", i thought to myself, "we are settled."
yes. settled. and what a fine feeling at that.
i suppose it's the feeling a leaf gets when it finally reaches the stable ground after being carried by the undeceive wind, or the way a rock must feel subsequent to floating through the rough entanglement of muck after being skipped from a shore line.
sometimes people think that settling is a bad thing. i suppose if you are talking about settling in the sense that you are giving into something less than desirable or finding the mediocre as your only option...then, yes, settling could be a tad negative at best.
but as i have found, settling can be wonderful, too. really, absolutely, without a doubt, wonderful. it gives you a feeling of peace and allows calmness to pervade your soul. that, my friends, can be pretty contagious when it comes to filling up other aspects of one's life.
that "being settled" feeling can happily guide peace and calm to other places and spaces and nooks and crannys like work or doing laundry or filling up the car with gas. once you are settled, magical things can happen and positivity finds a way to radiate like sunbeams.
so this is what it looks like to feel settled for this little family, because sometimes words just don't suffice...



Such a beautiful space! I love it, and little stella is adorable as usal.
ReplyDeleteI'm moving this week (ahhh!!) and am currently living in a super jumbled and boxed-up apartment... so I'm totally envious of that settled feeling!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great place you have! I can't wait to see the home tour!!
ReplyDeleteWell put! Settling isn't necessarily a bad thing. Love the new pics :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations - I can only dream what that feels like (we're in the middle of a renovation). On another note - where did you find you couch - it is fantastic!
ReplyDeleteAdore this post! I think there's a lot to love about feeling settled. x
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear you got settled that quick! Can't wait to see more pictures of your home :) definitely jealous of those wood floors!
ReplyDeleteummm I just found your blog and it's perfect. Wow. Love it!
ReplyDeletexoxo,
Sierra
Oh, Just Living the Dream
your home is so beautiful. i want it. it seems to emanate a feeling of serenity. can't wait to see the rest of it!
ReplyDeletekerrirogers.blogspot.com
Such a sweet feeling that is...so glad you are able to feel settled! After our move, I'm feeling unsettled, but know that it's only for a season. I can't wait to feel this feeling again...
ReplyDeleteYour home is lovely. And I love what you wrote here. :)
ReplyDeleteyour home looks lovely. love the feeling of settling into a new place and making it the new normal :)
ReplyDeletethis is such a beautifully written post! I am longing to feel settled as well...I can't wait, hopefully soon we will find a new place and have that feeling!
ReplyDelete