5.08.2012

handmade // lovely little love notes



as most of you know, andrew and i have been together since we were freshmen in high school.  just a few months ago we celebrated being together for ten whole years!  one thing we used to do at the very start of our relationship while in 9th grade as mere 14 year olds was write each other love letters throughout the day and deliver them spontaneously.  sometimes i would get a note in between classes, and other times, right before volleyball practice after school.  it was kind of our "thing," something we each looked forward to each and every day.  

i still have all of these handwritten love letters in a box embellished with x's and o's, along with mod podged magazine hearts.  from time to time we get them out read them for a laugh and a smile.  through reading these letters, it is amazing to see how much we have grown up, not only on an individual level with regards to our maturity, but also as a couple.  one letter we read started out saying, "i love you so much and i am so sorry about not sitting by you at lunch today!  ...forgive me?"  :)  our love has grown so incredibly deep over the course of this past decade, and these letters capture the first stages of our butterflies-in-my-tummy, innocent, young love.  they are quite precious to us.

i decided to bring back the idea of spontaneously dropping little love notes for my main squeeze here and there throughout our home.    

...inside his tie drawer here...under his pillow there...

and while i was at it, i decided to paint them, thereby turning these little lovelies into pieces of art for andrew to take to work as a visual reminder of how much he means to me.  

here is the process if you would like to make some love letters of your own!



coffee is an essential ingredient to any craft, of course.


the more imperfect the hearts...the better.



now for the words.  check out pinterest to find some beautiful quotes, scribble down special memories just between the two of you, tell him what you love most about him, and quote a poet, or two!  ultimately, have fun and don't stress about how fancy your letters look.  he will appreciate the message above anything else!



i hope you find some inspiration in this DIY and happy crafting!

13 comments:

  1. These are adorable! too bad my hubby and I didn't know each other way back when, even though we went to the same schools. That is so cute! I have got to try this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! that's neat you guys went to the same schools. i have been sprinkling these little notes around our home and he has been delighted when he finds them, you should try it out. such a good pick me up for any relationship!

      xo, amanda

      Delete
  2. Awww these are so cute! It must have been a lot of fun going through these love notes together and see how your love for each other has grown and matured over the years. How sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I'm thinking of making some to stuff in my husband's wallet before he leaves for work some day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! what a good idea with the wallet...i may have to try this! by the way, i saw you are from MO...us too! hello from kansas city :)

      xo, amanda

      Delete
  4. So adorable - My hubby and I have an "I like" book where we write something we like about eachother each day. We have one for Wyatt too. I am definitely going to have to whip up some of these love notes for him too!

    kendall
    songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a like book! omg, that is way too cute. i love the idea of giving each other little pick me ups throughout the week. thanks for the idea, we might just have to start doing one for miss stella :)

      xo, amanda

      Delete
  5. This is precious! I did something similar for my husband on Valentine's, but these are a great idea too. It would also be fun to string these up and make a garland!

    Thanks for the ideas!
    Dianna
    Virginia Is For Lovers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! i absolutley love your idea of making a garland out of them...so i think that is what i am going to do after he has found them all :)

      xo, amanda

      Delete
  6. What a sweet idea! My husband I already leave little love notes for each other so maybe next time I'll make my own! I'm new to your blog, and noticed you live in KC so I had to follow along..I'm from KC too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you jackie! it's so nice to hear from a fellow KC native :) thank you so much for stopping by, i'm off to check out your blog!

      xo,amanda

      Delete
  7. how adorable!

    www.cancerinthecity.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is sooo cute! I'm definitely going to do this with my lovie soon!

    ReplyDelete