2.20.2012

i carry your heart with me


it's been ten years, one whole decade, that my love and i have been together.  it seems like just yesterday that we were walking the barren halls of our high school in the wee hours of the morning before class to carve out some "us" time when we could see each other and talk, even if that time was spent at 6:30 am in the library.  


we celebrated our love during the summer of 09' in july, but we really started the rest of our lives together back in high school.  it was true from the start, and we felt that.  our long phone conversations were the highlight of those four years, where we got to really know each other as best friends and forever loves.  


andrew and i, are true mirrors of each other, through and through.  he is my constant, my inspiration, my blessing, my happiness, my laughter, my randomness for the day, my motivation, my amazing, my everything.  how did i ever get so lucky?  i might as well get this thought tattooed on my forehead, because i think it all the time.  he really is perfect, for me.  and because of him, and our love, we have beautiful miss stella.  every time i look at her, my heart melts, because it's him i see.  she is our beautiful reminder of how wonderful life really is.  


and try as i must, sometimes others can just say it better.  so, thank you dear mr. cummings, because you, sir, pretty much sum it up right here:

"i carry your heart with me (i carry it in
my heart) i am never without it (anywhere
i go you go, my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing, my darling)
                                  i fear
no fate (for you are my fate, my sweet) i want
no world (for beautiful you are my world, my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)"

to my andrew, i will love you always and forever, your heart in mine, in circles,

amanda

2 comments:

  1. So....all those mornings you left early to "study" in the library the only thing studied was each other?
    Did you remember those long phone conversations had a stipulation?-no phone after 10pm!
    Unreal when I think about it really-you were still my baby girl-barely had your drivers permit :) And still in braces!
    Kidding aside....Happy 10 Years together Amanda and Andrew :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a really beautiful love story :-)
    I am happy to see another couple who known each other very young, like my husband and I (I was 17).
    So he is your very first and last boyfriend?

    ReplyDelete