4.13.2012

the most adorable audience member a person could ever have




just look at her sitting there all precious and such.   she sure knows how to tug at this mama’s heart strings!  each and every morning miss stella sits right at the edge of our bathroom and watches me get ready.  her groggy morning eyes are immediately glued to me as i act like a crazed woman, rushing from hair to makeup, and back to hair again.   from the moment that hairdryer gets turned on, to the last wave of my mascara brush, she watches so intently, and patiently, too.  it fascinates me so, how she sits there, quietly rubbing the silk on her blankie whilst sucking on her favorite paci.  i often think to myself, i wonder what she is thinking? probably that i should have woken up sooner; hence, the need for rushing.  in moments like these, i cannot help but appreciate that i had a part in making this tiny human...this sweet, little audience member that can now watch her mama get ready, and crawl, and throw balls, and giggle uncontrollably, and eat brie cheese like a big girl!  it boggles my mind that she's getting so big and overwhelms me with joy that she is happy, and that she is healthy, and that she is mine.  i am so looking forward to getting home and snuggling into that little crevice of her neck, i can hardly stand it! 
happy weekend!  

15 comments:

  1. So sweet!! this definitely reminds me of Lily. She used to sit and watch me get ready in the mornings too! :) now she runs all around the house! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot even imagine what that will be like...miss Stella running!! *gasp*

      Delete
  2. cuuuute blog! and I love your style. new follower here : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're little baby girl is adorable! It's kind of crazy how fast they grow up, but it looks like you're taking advantage of every moment!

    p.s. your shoes are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allison! It is crazy {and sad too} how fast they grow. It's all about the little moments :)

      xo, Amanda

      Delete
  4. hehe she is so cute watching you get ready in the mornings!I wonder what babies think when they are all interested. Happy Friday :)

    http://bronsonbloopers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. She is so adorable! My son has a taggie blanket that I got him at Target. I read that rubbing silk together comforts a baby. Not sure why- but this is probably why your little miss loves the silk so much. Just an interesting tidbit for ya!

    kendall
    songbirdsandbuttons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tidbit, mama! I love when she does it, so adorable. By the way, loving your blog and photos of your little one. I cannot believe our babes will be one soon! AH!

      xo, Amanda

      Delete
  6. So cute! Hope you get lots of time to snuggle with her this weekend and get to feeling better. Thank goodness MAP testing is over! Just 6? more weeks of school till summer break, right?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey girl! Just thought Id let you know I nominated you for an award :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, thank you so much!!! That is SO very sweet of you :)

      xo, Amanda

      Delete
  8. That is so so so sweet. I pray that I'll have a little girl like her one day. I remember I used to watch MY mother get ready in the morning. There's just something about watching her, even to this day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. there is something about a baby girl watching her mama get ready. it's too darn precious! i feel the same way about my mom, too! i can't quite figure out why it's fun to watch, it just is.

      ....so intriguing!

      xo, amanda

      Delete