4.20.2012

a recipe // avocado salad



this photo is from the lovely eatsleepcuddle blog

if you’re like me, you could eat an avocado at every meal.  even two, perhaps :)  i usually put a little salt, pepper, and lemon juice on the sucker and have at it.  with summer approaching, and since these fruit are at the peak of their flavor, i have been thinking of fun and easy ways to incorporate them into healthy dishes.  last week i made an avocado salad and it was so refreshing, tasty, and pretty effortless, given i was in a rush.  here’s the recipe, you’ll have to try it out:


avocado salad

ingredients: 
-1 large or 2 small avocados cubed  
-½ cup of cherry tomatoes halved
-½ cup of diced cucumber
-½ cup of black beans
-1 small garlic clove minced
-½ cup of basil and mint finely chopped
-2 tablespoons of fresh lemon or lime juice
-salt + pepper
-eat & enjoy!
to prepare, mix all of these ingredients together very carefully as not to mash the avocado.  otherwise, your salad will taste more like a new twist on guacamole.  i have been eating this plain with a giant spoon, but i’m sure it would be really good on some toast or as a topping to some butter lettuce. 
tell me fellow avocado lovers out there, what other yummy and creative uses do you have for this awesome fruit???

5 comments:

  1. I am like you..so I want to go buy avocados RIGHT NOW! #UBP12

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks really good*.* I could imagine eating this after training as a light dinner:-)

    http://whoateallthestrawberries.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to try this. I've been cooking up some new things lately and we love avocado. I really enjoy your blog. I find that we have similar interests and things in common. Stop by sometime....

    lauren rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, this avocado salad sounds so tasty! So excited I found your blog from the blog hop, now your newest follower, woohoo! Hope you are having a great week!
    ~Elena
    http://lapetitevieblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete