how's that for alliteration? last night in a desperate and impatient attempt to satisfy my sweet tooth i found a recipe for coffee cup coffee cake on a food blogger's cite. could it be true? could i actually make cake in a cup and it actually taste good? the mystery added to the intrigue so i gave in and baked something. i must tell you that this recipe was right up my alley since i am not a baker. it's all the tedious measuring and not being able to sample-as-you-work kind of thing that keeps be from baking. this recipe, however, took only 5 minutes and a microwave. no joke. here's how it all went down...
well, first you'll need a coffee cup. if you want it to puff up over the top of the cup, use a small one. then add 1 tablespoon of butter to the cup and soften it in the microwave for 10-20 seconds.
to the softened butter, add one tablespoon of sugar and stir for 30 seconds until the sugar is well incorporated. 

next add one egg and mix well. then stir in 2 tablespoons of sour cream and a few drops of vanilla. i'm talking droplets here, don't add too much or it will taste icky.
stir in 1/4 cup of flour and 1/8 teaspoon baking powder. the cake batter should look like the picture above. 

now the for the topping. In a separate ramekin or bowl add 1 tablespoon butter, 2 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoon of brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon. Mash it together with your fingers.
- now add the crumb topping mixture to the cup...
- microwave for 1 minute. you can add a few more seconds for make sure it is done to your liking. 1:15 worked wonders for me.
{next time i am going to add some raspberries to the cake batter to give this recipe an extra layer of flavor!}
-eat & enjoy!
Yum...I have made a chocolate cake in a mug recipe when I had a chocolate craving and it is good too-especially if you add a little scoop of ice cream before you eat it :) Now....I have to say, I am a bit surprised you had the ingredients on hand to make this since you are NOT a baker-which I can attest to. I guess anyone who bakes might figure that out when they see the picture of the tiny box of sugar and the itty bitty bag of flour! Not a treat baker but a fantastic cook for sure! Hope you are having a great day!
ReplyDeleteAmanda now has some of the necessary ingredients on hand because I wanted to bake when visiting and went out to purchase some essential baking items. I'd agree wholeheartedly she's not much of a baker. However, Amanda is a gourmet cook as far as I'm concerned.
ReplyDelete