3.26.2015

homestead // shared nursery + master bedroom tour



it's hard to believe that in just a few short months i'll be over there in that cozy little nook of our bedroom, nursing and cuddling our new baby.  sounds of tiny squeaks and hiccups and coos will fill the air, making the sweetest song.  we are so excited to share our bedroom again with our littlest come late spring and throughout the warm summer months.  in fact, it is one of the things we love talking about before bedtime together.  andrew will say to my belly, "over there you will get to sleep, right next to mommy and daddy" in the softest tone as he talks to and feels baby kick at night.  because we are planning to nurse this baby too, it works well to have him or her close by.  i anticipate falling asleep in that old brown chair most evenings, my feet propped up on soft sheepskin.  i remember those nights, or early mornings rather, when it feels like the rest of the world is asleep except for myself and our hungry piglet snorting away ready for mama's milk.  nothing in the world can compare to that precious alone time and i seriously crave it right now.  what beautiful moments to look forward to!  and we may even stretch his or her stay with us into autumn as the leaves start turning, because sharing a room with an itty bub is pretty much heaven.

furniture:

our bed // cb2
tv console // cb2
small baby crib // family heirloom, it was andrew's great grandma's!
brown chair // hand me down
dresser // my mama's old one growing up
stacked natural fiber ottomans // ikea
moses basket // craigslist

linens:

grey ruffle bedding // pottery barn
organic white sheets // pottery barn
small floral pillow cases // target
mint & ivory knit baby blanket // handmade by my mother in law
small blue floral crib sheet (it's a blanket tucked in) // sture & folke

decor:

hexagon wall shelves // axel & co. a local kansas city company
bronze wall reading lights // urban outfitters
white arch light // target
sun hat // h&m
sheepskins // ikea
ivory herringbone throw on chair // target
stuffed plush lamb // mouin roty
hanging pottery vase above bed // the object enthusiast a midwest company
white pillow in chair // ikea
baskets // thrifted & gifted & collected along the way
white rug under crib // thrifted
basket for fig tree // ikea
ivory table lamp // target
vase & bowl on dresser // anthropologie
sweet baby things // coming soon in future post...

other:

wall color // ski slope by sherwin williams

let me know if there is something here i have forgotten to mention, i will get you that resource!

22 comments:

  1. what a dreamy place you've got there! soo perfect for a new babe! Excited for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your style! Clean and simple...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful home 😍 I don't think you forgot to mention anything but I have noticed a grey stripes blanket on your bed in some Instagram posts and I was curious on where it was from? It looks like it could be a pendleton but I wasn't sure what the blanket was specifically if it was. Thank you! And congrats on your sweet baby coming soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we have a wool one (just put away into winter storage!) from IKEA. it's great to cover up with and large enough to fit a full/queen i'd say. xx amanda

      Delete
  4. I don't think I would change one thing about your home - it is perfection!
    You are blessed.

    Carissa
    www.graceful-light.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful space! Makes me anxious for my sweet baby to arrive!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful, calm, clean space! I just love your aesthetic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a stunning space! I'm just wondering how you guys sleep without curtains/blinds on the windows? Does the light bother you? I pretty much need to be in a cave to sleep well ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you gaby! we have always been a fan of no curtains in the bedroom, we love that morning light to wake us up. i suppose that is just how we've always done things and so have our little ones :) my brother is like you, needing total darkness. to each their own, right!? xx

      Delete
  8. Such a beautiful space Amanda! I've drawn so much inspiration from your first home and now this one. You have amazing taste.

    ReplyDelete
  9. These images are perfect - if you live in a catalog. I'm all for minimalist living but as a mommy to a newborn who shares a room with us I still manage to have baby basics around you know, diapers, wipies toiletries etc. Yet you never show any snippets of real life or where you store such items. I mean did you other kids magically go from crawling to walking without the aide of a baby walker? Ive never seen a walker or any other toddler activities (wooden blocks don't count) in your pictures. Maybe you should do a "Keepin' It Real" post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh erikita, we haven't gotten around to buying newborn diapers but those will find there way into this space too. we are human, just like you. our little boy has a room with a changing table and toys etc. i think it's very important to realize everyone does things differently, and just because i do not show how we store items does not mean we do not own them. just a reminder, this space is not our entire life, nor are any other blogs. it is a collection of bits and pieces. we are minimal because we have found over the years that is what keeps us calm and in the best of spirits, but naturally we have our share of messes. xx amanda

      Delete
  10. it is so beautiful! thanks for share! hi from czech republic. God bless you and the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your home is so inspiring! I'm just over-the-moon in love!!! I was wondering, did you guys do your own flooring?! I'm obsessed! We are in the middle of a remodel, and finding perfect floors that work throughout the home is so tough!!! thanks sir sharing, always!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! we did not do the flooring, it is original to our home. we love all the nicks and digs in it since it is so old. god luck with your remod! xx

      Delete
  12. I can't help but adore this space. It's so light and everything just fits so well with eachother. Your new little one will be the icing on the cake in this room!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm trying to have a more minimalist home. You seem to have it down. Please write a post about how you cut down on clutter and yet keep a cozy home. I need help organizing and getting rid of stuff!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love how light and airy your home looks! I would just want to sit in that cozy chair and BREATHE which is what is lacking in my home at the moment. You've totally inspired me to do an overhaul and make everything a little more minimal. Would love to see a post about paring down and organizing your home.

    p.s. I am so excited your room is welcoming a new little soul soon. It's been a joy following along on your pregnancy journey Amanda.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous home, Amanda! My inspiration as I decorate our new home. I imagine my husband knows the details of your home quite well by now as I keep showing him your photos - "I want this!". Would you be willing to share where your bedside tables are from?

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just stumbled across your Instagram today and really love it. I know this was posted in March, so there's a slim chance you'll see this... What colours did you use on your trim and doors? It is the perfect white/cream(?) combo! Your Alfie slightly reminds me of my Azlan as a baby. He's beautiful! Xx ~Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! i wish i could give you a color name, but all i know it that the painters used a standard white oil base for the trim and then our doors were already that cream color. we are in the process of getting them touched up and will get the name when we get a color match, but am betting that it will not be for a few months! xx amanda

      Delete
  17. I absolutely love the color of your walls in these pictures. Do they look light blue in person, though? I got a sample of ski slope and it came out pretty light blue.

    ReplyDelete