3.03.2014

away we go // naples, florida


we escaped the wintery midwest to visit naples, florida this past weekend.  our sojourn was short and sweet and full of sunshine.  andrew's parents recently moved down there and we figured a little getaway mid february to see their new home would be most rewarding.  it was.

we ate fresh seafood, took long lingering naps, licked ice cream cones outside, swam in salty water, and most importantly relaxed in the balmy sun.  oh, how we missed those warm rays on our skin.  it hugged us and gave us a much needed embrace.  we were reminded of those summer months that are not so far off.

our little family needed this distraction from the frozen landscape that currently surrounds our home here in missouri.  we longed for that little slice of hope that spring is indeed right around the corner...that push to make it through what feels to be one of the longest winter's we have endured.  though once back in the midwest we were faced with blustery winds and a six hour drive that should have taken two, we made it home feeling refreshed and recharged.  travel and sunshine, gosh they make all the difference.

4 comments:

  1. My parents live in Naples part time! My whole Mom's side of the family lives there, and we're there often. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful pictures! I'm so jealous--it looks so warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, man. I can imagine that was the perfect way to spend the weekend! We are stuck here in cold cold Missouri as well. Come on, spring! Beautiful pictures as always.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually live in Naples full time!
    I stumbled across your blog today and I am glad I did!
    Your family is precious.

    xo

    ReplyDelete