1.26.2014

away we go // mexico part I


our first time at the beach as a family of four proved to be a beautiful way to start our little holiday sandwiched in the middle of this rather bleak january.  our soul took in the warmth of this place and reveled in the calmness given to us by the ocean.  it was just what we needed.

together on our first night we sat and watch the frothy tide ebb and flow towards the mammoth boulders as the sun made its decent into the glittery sea, changing the sky's canvas with every passing minute.  before the stars came out to play, we tussled about in the sand and marveled at the adventure ahead of us.  excitement loomed.

leaning on a nearby rock, i snuggled and hummed to a sleepy babe whose toes were still salty from the waves that had cooled them for the very first time just moments earlier.  baby's firsts are just so heart-warming.  so very special.

as theo's lashes fell on his rather chubby cheeks, andrew explored a bit seeking a shadowy view made by the rocks, and stella ran around on tip toes telling me to "be careful mama" because "dat big pool is really, really big."  we were all in our happy place.  and that evening, our first in mexico, was just perfect.

9 comments:

  1. Looks amazing! I am dreaming of warm weather… and dipping my little ones toes in the ocean as well:) Glad you had a nice vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful, Amanda. What a gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very beautiful photos! :) it makes me want a simple nice day at the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks lovely. I'm so jealous! Good for you for taking a vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mexico looks so idyllic! Lovely photos, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how sweet! I love the picture of you holding your sleeping babe. What a perfect trip in the middle of this month. I am so glad to have found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awesome photos! I'm dying for the beach!

    ReplyDelete