holy burr batman! it's been so dang cold here in the midwest. seeings as it's nearing the end of january, words cannot describe how badly this little trio has been longing for a spontaneous stroll somewhere where the sun can shine on our faces and create a summery glow on our skin.
for the past month or so, we have been THIS close to getting stella all strapped in her stroller. alas, we cannot muster the energy to ungracefully tumble down our 3 flights of stairs in our puffy coats to only freeze our bums off instantaneously. and let's be frank, inside is just so much better right now. or is it?
well at least it doesn't require defrosting itty bitty piggy toes after about five minutes into a walk around the block, now does it. but it does create quite an impatient bore when we can see the playground swings teasing us across the street as they sit there lonely swaying back and forth in the frosty air, accumulating what can only be ice or of the icy variety.
what we are experiencing in the watters household, and we knew it would come, is stircrazyness: commonly referred to as the winter blues. as you know, it's no bueno. the mental unbalance due to a lack of skirt weather and bath water sunlight is resulting in lots of indifferent humming to elmo (and abby's flying fairy school..sigh) and laundry folding. now i know what i have described sounds delightful, and i admittadly like the whole, let's hunker down and get all warm under a pile of quilts deal, but only for a few weeks.
as of late, what promises to be a great day chock-full of valentines crafting and bonnet wearing ultimately turns into capital "N" capital "O" naps and lots of godiva chocolate consumption on my part. being barricaded in our cozy abode most always boils down to us three watching nonstop netflix all day and eating something called "second & third lunches" and the like. we're bored. and we need something to doooooo. outside preferably.
*this seems like an appropriate time to thank sweet jesus for stretchy jeans and loose fitting black leggings right about now.
don't get me wrong, we do love getting snuggly, we are actually pretty good at that, but mister winter...you can just move along as far as we are concerned. you heard me. get up and GO. please.
so here we are. all cooped up, a bit frazzled and ready for spring. forgive this random conglomeration of photographs. i hope you allow their unabashed randomness to flow and somehow work, because we are smack dab in the hellish middle of winter and my brain lacking the necessary charge one needs to form coherent thoughts. because of the cold and all. obviously.
1. a seriously cheeky little lamb getting her passport picture taken at the post office.
2. a lunch date with my man and his blue suede shoes. we were supposed to go shopping after but then got too cold. figures.
3. valentine crafts and bonnet wearing in the am. *we put her in clothes like right after for those of you worrying right now.
4. dinner with my hubs at a recognition dinner. it was fancy.
5. the sweetest face i ever did see. and those poor chapped lips!
6. stella thinking about taking a nap and then not taking one. this was fun. not.
7. someone organizing the mail in the back of the post office. oopsies.
8. an over sized back pack and toddler that loves saying "buhh byee!" melt. melt. melt.
9. a raven perched on the building next to ours, as i am looking out our bedroom window.
10. my rain boots and a baby stuck inside. typical.
*all photographs, as of now, are taken with my iPhone. my poor camera is in cannon heaven and smells of spilt baby formula circa 2012. fyi: i use an array of applications to edit my pictures. you can find many more of them on instagram.