10.17.2012
back from mexico, feeling like a million bucks
husband and i just returned from our mini holiday down in gorgeous mexico. it was the perfect balance of relaxation and rejuvenation we've been craving since the last time our toes got to happily dig in the warm, powdery sand which was long, long ago. remember this post bursting with a strong sense of longing to get lost? well. we finally satisfied that desire.
laying on the beach does wonders for a person's soul. when the only sound to be heard is the perfect crescendo of the calming tide being tugged back to sea, paired beautifully with the mild flipping of the crisp page as one digs deeper into their novel, there can only be one outcome: peace.
long afternoons spent tasting the salty air on our tongues gladly welcomed a cocktail, or two. with only a few swim suits in our carry ons and plenty of coconut scented sunscreen, we had all that we needed. less is more in a place that exudes simplistic loveliness.
and so that's what we did. we lost track of time and got lost with one another, devouring several books, taking adventures on the beach, and sipping brightly colored drinks, all whilst eating like 25 lobsters a day, or something like that. it was pretty wonderful.
but it's always good to return back home.
because there's no place like it. and soon, our new home, our very first home, will be officially ours for good. 2 weeks and counting, friends!
by the way, i really, really want one of those swingy things for our new patio. don't you!?
Labels:
andrew and i,
travel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)










I'm in love with all the photos dear. What a great way to bond as husband and wife and just unwind and
ReplyDeletetake the day as goes by. I'm very glad you have the change to do it. It's been crazy to schedule and planning escapes together when you have kid(s).
I do agree with the rattan swing. Hope you can have that kind in your own home...and before I forgot..you're one sexy mama.:)
<3,
Angie
audrinajulia.blogspot.com
Gorgeous photos! Im in desperate need of getting lost right now. Im so happy you had fun with your hubby. what a nice get away.
ReplyDeleteThat seat looks so wonderful! Looks like you two had a wonderful time! I'm sure it was well deserved!
ReplyDeleteThese pictures look breathtaking.
ReplyDeletewww.zadinblog.com
Looks amazing!! I love the photo of you in the swing. My husband and I have never been on a hot vacation together, but I think it may be time to take the plunge!
ReplyDeleteI just found your blog through IG (I follow you on there). I decided to hop on over here to see where you went while you were in the Riviera Maya. We have decided to go there for a trip next year and I am really having trouble deciding which resort. When I saw your photos I wanted to see which resort you stayed at since it looked so amazing. If you could, please let me know. I would love to hear from someone who has been there already. molly@adayinmollywood.com
ReplyDeleteAlso? I live in Kansas City too! We bought our first house in Waldo but now live in Blue Springs! It's a small world :)
I love these scenes! My husband and I went to Mexico on our honeymoon and I've really missed it. We were able to find a spot away from most of the tourists and it was divine! Seeing your pictures really makes me want to start planning another trip!
ReplyDeleteDianna @ Virginia is for Lovers