8.17.2012

my 25th birthday ABC's + guest posting



it's been a few days but i'm back!  i am in school mode like a crazy woman over here running in about 5 million directions.  and i had a birthday.  whoop whoop!  it was smack dab in the middle of the week full of meetings, lesson planning, and yawns (i am not liking this whole getting up early thing!).  so, in light of my school obsessed mind that is racing with everything english, here are my 25th birthday ABC's, and what happened on that glorious day...

A: august 14th, 1987 = the day i was born 
B: books on canning from my husband...he knows me so well 
C: cupcakes sent from my mama & dada
D: dancing in the morning, because birthday dancing is quite fun
E: eating an endless bowl of guacamole 
F: five hundred hugs from miss stella vivienne 
G: getting to ichat with my mama & dada who live in iowa
H: happy birthday song sung to moi! 
I: insanely lovely birthday shout outs all day long
J: juicy steak tacos 
K: kansas city is one fun place to celebrate
L: lime sucking by one well behaved baby girl 
M: mexican food dinner for a little family of three
N: netflix after dinner
O: outfit compliments of anthropologie (my gift to myself, hehe)
P: parking lot fun with a sugar-high baby girl 
Q: questioning whether or not to take that shot (see T)
R: raspberry lemonade: the flavor of my first cupcake 
S: smiles all around  
T: tequila shot given to me by my ever so *kind* husband
U: umbrella not needed, it was sunny and 75 degrees
V: very, very blessed to spend my day with my loves 
W: waking up to a sunrise more beautiful than any painting i ever did see
X: xxxx = kisses from husband 
Y: your's truly is now a quarter of a century old...eeeek!
Z: zero complaints :)

and guess what?!  i am over here on a fellow teacher's blog talking about a book i read over the summer.  hop on over and check it out! 

15 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!!! This is such a sweet list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love your necklace! that's beautiful! happy birthday too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy belated birthday! That first picture of the cupcakes... wow. I want the one with the pretzel, please!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those cupcakes look amazing! great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday! You and your little girl are SO adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy b.day! you share a b.day with my 2 year old. when he saw Stella's picture he said Hi! Then, "eating apple." :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy birthday!! save me a cupcake? ;) they look delish. glad it was a great day!

    xo,
    kristyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belated happy birthday! Looks like you have fun on your day.:)

    Reading your current post is not enough so I turn out following you on twitter and Instagram as well to see and know more about you.I adore the look of your house and your such a fashionable loving mama. Best regards to your family!

    audrinajulia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! I simply wish to offer you a big thumbs up for
    the excellent information you've got here on this post. I will be returning to your site for more soon.
    Visit my page :: http://www.cheapnikenfljerseysnews.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's impressive that you are getting ideas from this article as well as from our dialogue made at this time.
    My web site :: wholesale jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  11. Greetings! I've been following your website for some time now and finally got the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from Dallas Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the good job!
    My web page : Christian Louboutin sale

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thankfulness to my father who told me about this web site, this blog is actually amazing.
    Here is my web site - custom jerseys

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, I think your site might be having browser
    compatibility issues. When I look at your website in Chrome, it looks fine but when opening in Internet
    Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up!
    Other then that, great blog!
    Also visit my web-site ; http://www.chirstianlouboutinsaleoutlet.com

    ReplyDelete