7.29.2012

there's no place like home


almost nothing beats waking up in your own comfy bed after a long week and a half of traveling and living out of a messy suitcase that you decided last minute to share with your husband.  yes.  share we did.  bad, bad idea.  but anyhow, now we are home and it feels so good.  opening our heavy door last night and soaking in the familiar felt so wonderful.  everything from that lonely glass in the sink to our still blooming plans welcomed us back warmly.  today i plan on venturing out to the market to fill our fridge, and perhaps a little jaunt to target for some teacher supplies.  did you know i start back in a few weeks!?  its definitely time to hunker down, make to-do lists, respond to emails, finish almost over-do books, and make soup.  because soup makes for one heck of a cozy day.  happy sunday to you and more about our travels this week! 

9 comments:

  1. I couldn't agree more with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. isn't home thee best!! happy you feel the same :)

      xo, amanda

      Delete
  2. I'm with ya on the soup! Can't wait for Fall when I can make soup as often as I please! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i cannot wait till fall! it is my absolute favorite time of the year and soup is only reason why!!

      xo, amanda

      Delete
  3. i love coming home after a long journey, i kind of always miss the smell and how everything looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's so nice to feel that refreshing sense of home where every things is just as you left it before leaving. traveling is great, but home just cannot compare :)

      xo, amanda

      Delete
  4. I'm searching for that feeling of home right now to no avail...I hope to find it soon! Glad you're back home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. perhaps home for you might just be a little nook in your apartment or a feeling you get when you are in a place you love. i have found that sometimes the feeling of home exists elsewhere, too.

      xo, amanda

      Delete
  5. amen! and what a beautiful photo, amanda.

    ReplyDelete