7.18.2012

it's no secret...


17 comments:

  1. I totally struggle with this! (Guilt for leaving my little one, and also a crippling obsession with France :) I'm working on it, though. I know it's so good for us to have time to ourselves, and even good for Michael to be away from us every now and then. I'm hoping once we settle down we can find a good sitter and have some regular date nights too. It looks like you had a fabulous night - that dress is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a dog parent only, I do feel guilty when I come home from teaching, spend a few hours, then go work at my 2nd job, or go out for movies or something, and leave my dog in her cage home alone. I'd feel a little better about it if I didn't have to leave her in a cage, but that is for her well being. My sister who lives in NYC just got a new job, and she may have to stay later. So she is thinking about getting a dog walker and she feels guilty about that. But I told her not to, her dog loves people, and to him it will just be more friends to see! Although her new workplace did tell her to just bring him back to work with her on those nights! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to find a regular baby-sitter! We are lucky to have a lot of family nearby, but I think knowing that you are paying someone would make me feel better about staying out a little later. I always feel badly that we are keeping my parents up all night while we enjoy another glass of wine. How did you find your baby-sitter? I'm going to make an effort to try and land a good teen-age sitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Erika- we found her through Andrew's sister. She is a senior in high school and seems quite responsible for her age. We have her coming over once a week on weeknights so we can have some time together for dinner or perhaps just to see a movie. It was hard to find someone we get comfortable with but now that we have her such a LOAD has been taken off our shoulders and we feel like we can have more time to connect. :)

      xo, Amanda

      Delete
  4. It's hard not to be obsessed with all things French. It all just seems so classy!

    Long, leisurely dinners are my favorite.

    I don't think there's anything wrong with parents having a really nice date night now and then.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl you are rocking that dress! I always feel like we're not able to go out without our son, mostly because we can never find anyone to watch him without feeling bad. My husband and I sometimes go out with our friends on separate occasions so that one of us can stay at home with Wesley. It's a bummer not going out together more often, hopefully we will find a sitter that we love and don't feel bad about staying out late. Glad you guys had a great night, us parents deserve it that's for sure! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks girl! this whole date night thing is hard to figure out and get a handle on, that is for sure. we always had the select few family members in kansas city watch her but then we always felt guilty too and had to rush home. now with a more consistent sitter, i think all will start to flow. *fingers crossed!!!* hope you are having a great weekend!

      xo, amanda

      Delete
  6. Date nights are awesome---we just don't get them enough! Glad you had such a wonderful time---those nights make us better parents, we all need a little time to recharge and enjoy some time away:) And glad you found a babysitter--those are hard to come by sometimes!

    -Julie
    http://www.thechirpingmoms.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i totally agree juile, date nights are refreshing and make us appreciate our roles as parents even more. hope you are having a great weekend!

      xo, amanda

      Delete
  7. I used to be obsessed with France, too. Then I met a French man named Jean-Luc, we fell for each other, and had a summer of lovely times. It was every bit as cheesy and romantic as one would imagine. Then fall came, I fell gravely ill, and he couldn't stick around anymore...pretty terrible. I became pretty resentful of France during my weeks in the hospital on various kinds of torture (including my favorite, radioactive "stuff" being pumped into my veins! woot!). So you can say that I don't love France so much anymore.

    Wow, that comment came off way more depressing than I meant for it to...I was going for funny and its just a little morbid. Maybe you can hug France a little tighter in your head tonight for me? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ohhh jean-luc. and boo to sickness! maybe in a few years you can go back and revisit the beauty that awaits??? or i'll just go for ya! ;)

      xo, amanda

      Delete
  8. new reader here, :) hi, hello. i love love love your dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. just wanted to say hello to you and thank you for becoming a new reader over here!

      xo, amanda

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. why thank ya mam! forever 21 for like 12 whole bucks. for real.. :)

      xo, amanda

      Delete
  10. Amanda, my parents made it a point to have a sitter one night a week to get away just as adults. Honestly, I used to look forward to it as a kid, I loved having someone new come to play with me and my parents loved their time together. So dont feel guilty! Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you for telling me this! i have not looked at date night from this perspective. SO helpful. :)

      xo, amanda

      Delete