ever since andrew and i have started incorporating essential oils into our everyday lives as means of natural healing, we have looked for simple yet effective ways of using them. oils can be a bit intimidating at first, i think i left ours on the counter top for a few weeks before even opening them. since taking intentional steps to become more educated on what we put in our bodies, we now use oils in lieu of many over the counter medicines and have found them to help greatly. depending on what we are treating, we’ll grab the bottle of oil itself and apply the oil neat, meaning without a carrier oil. other times we will go for a spray i’ve made using oils and water. but most times, we use our oils in roller bottles.
we both prefer the roller bottle method for many of reasons: they are
premade, thus saving us steps when we need multiple oils to remedy when applying, they are easy to apply, and they stretch
our oils and make them last much longer. sometimes it is really best to apply the oil neat depending on what you
are healing or balancing out, but it is
good to know that by using a carrier oil in a roller bottle you are not
diluting the effectiveness of the oil, you are just giving your oil more
coverage with help of something to carry it where you want it to go.
these
eleven blends are a part of our natural first aid kit and i rarely leave the house
without them. they accompany us on outings
to ballet, trips to the zoo, and even when we travel outside our the city. i keep mine in a cute little knit case i got back in college, making it simple to toss in our diaper bag when we are heading out, or to grab and take upstairs when getting ready for afternoon naps. these roller bottles are small yet powerful little
guys, each with their own healing purpose. i have put together a few recipes below that have worked well for our
family.
each bottle contains both essential oils by young living and a carrier
oil. my favorite carriers are: almond
oil, fractioned coconut oil, jojoba oil, and sunflower seed oil. i get
all of my glass roller bottles here; however, when my 15ml bottles are empty i save
them, boil them, and then make blends with them, popping
a roller fitment on top. i typically use around 50-60 drops of essential oils and fill the rest of the way
with a carrier. each of these recipes contains the drop amounts listed and are filled the rest of the way with your carrier oil of choice. we roll the oil on the back of our necks, bottoms of feet, spine, a cut/burn/sore, wrists, crown of the head, temples, stomach, and toes.
anxiety & stress away blend for mama:
10
drops stress away
10
drops valor
5
drops lavender
5
drops orange or grapefruit
upset tummy blend for adults:
10
drops peppermint
10
drops ginger
10
drops spearmint
sleep blend for kiddos:
15
drops lavender
10
drops peace & calming
5
drops roman chamomile
sleep blend for
adults:
15
drops lavender
15
drops cedarwood
eczema blend for theodore:
15
drops lavender
15
drops melrose
owies blend for cuts & scrape for kiddos:
10
drops lavender
5 drops copaiba
5 drops copaiba
5 drops balsam fir
5 drops melaleuca
sickness & cold prevention blend for adults:
10
drops thieves (hot oil)
10
drops oregano (hot oil)
10
drops lemon
seasonal discomfort blend for adults:
10
drops lavender
10
drops lemon
10
drops purification
5
drops copaiba
cough & congestion blend for adults:
10
drops eucalyptus blue
10
drops eucalyptus
5
drops myrtle
5
drops peppermint
headache & body
ache blend for adults:
10
drops peppermint
10
drops panaway
10
drops valor
earache blend:
10
drops purification
10
drops lavender
10
drops melrose
if you have little ones or are pregnant, i highly recommend you get the book called gentle babies by debra raybern to help guide you in practicing safety with essential oils. these are recipes i've made doing my own research and am so happy to share them with you all, but please make sure to do your own research as well. it's also very important to note that since every one's body is different, it can respond differently to oils as well. if you find that an oil or a blend is not effective for you, there are many others that you can look up and use in its place to find comfort and relief.
if you have little ones or are pregnant, i highly recommend you get the book called gentle babies by debra raybern to help guide you in practicing safety with essential oils. these are recipes i've made doing my own research and am so happy to share them with you all, but please make sure to do your own research as well. it's also very important to note that since every one's body is different, it can respond differently to oils as well. if you find that an oil or a blend is not effective for you, there are many others that you can look up and use in its place to find comfort and relief.
and if
you are wanting to know more about how and why our family uses essential oils,
head here.
Hi! I just recently discovered your blog via Pinterest. I love using Young Living oils and have started mixing up roller bottles to make things easier. Thanks for sharing these great blend suggestions! I have been using fractionated coconut oil but I'm curious, how do you select which carrier oil to use? Are others more effective for certain blends?
ReplyDeleteThanks!
Kate, the carrier oil I use just depends on where I want to put it. I like jojoba and coconut for face but honestly it doesn't matter as much. I've found these ones do not leave my skin feeling oily after like some others do so I just interchange with these depending on what I have on hand! xx Amanda
DeleteI'm new to essential oils but am loving them. Can you recommend a good roller ball recipe for the cold and sickness prevention but for toddlers? I'm assuming less drops? Also If you are supposed to use 2-3 drops per tablespoon of carrier oil for kids why is it ok to add more drops for roller balls for kids? Thanks so much!
ReplyDeleteYou can use this cold and sickness prevention on toddlers FEET & SPINE ONLY and then cut the ratio I gave you in half if you are going to apply this to their chest or other areas. I do roll this on my 3.5 year old feet & spine, but only on the bottom of my 1.5 year old's feet. These contain hot oils so it is really important where you put it and make sure it is diluted so it does not cause irritation to their skin. xx Amanda
DeleteThank you, thank you! I'm looking forward to using these recipes!
ReplyDeleteThank you! I was thinking of starting to use essential oils but unsure where to start, so these recipes will really help!
ReplyDeletehttp://www.emoi-emoi.com/blog/
well let me know if you want information on young living, I'd be happy to help! x amanda
DeleteWe just started using essential oils here at home. I have a strange question, do you sanitize the roller bottles when you buy them new? I would, but I'm not sure which way would be best.
ReplyDeletei should more than i do, and only have done so a couple of times. it really is a good idea to sanitize! great thinking! xx
DeleteI love these blends, lady! Thanks for sharing, and like so many things, for making the most intimidating look easy and lovely. xo
ReplyDeleteyou are so welcome, bethany! i hope you find them helpful :) xx
DeleteHi Amanada, I am new to your blog and Instagram account. I am finding all the information helpful and informative. I recently moved out family to the UK and my 2 yo is having a flare up with eczema, so I am excited to try your recipe. I am riding it hard to locate some of the ingredients, such as Melrose. Do you have any suggestions / stores in the UK where I can find these items?
ReplyDeletehello there! i so sorry to hear your little one is having a hard time. eczema is the worst! the only way i suggest purchasing a bottle of melrose is going directly through the company and ordering online. young living does not sell in stores (and i would not trust buying it via any other online site) to avoid it being tampered with. so many oils on the market contain fillers and are diluted, therefore not making them very effective and essentially not pure (even if stated so). if i was in your shoes, i would order through their website as a retail customer (if you are just wanting one or two oils). you will not get the wholesale discount at 24% off as a retail customer, but you will be able to get the oils you want with the assurance they are indeed of 100% purity. this is so important in my opinion, especially if you are intending to use on little ones skin.
Deletehere is a link you can use to order the bottle and let me know if you have any other questions..i am always happy to help! xx amanda
http://yl.pe/bnf
Nice to see that you have your own first aid kit. I got WHS first aid kit which contains all the basic things that we need during an emergency.
ReplyDeleteDo you have a tummy ache blend you use on your kids?
ReplyDeleteI want to glowing face what can I apply to get best result...??
ReplyDeletecheap essential oil online