5.08.2014
motherhood // in my diaper bag
i love posts like these. it's always fun to see what other mamas out there are carrying in their bags for their kiddos. if i had done this post a few months ago it would have included two sets of diapers, one size two and one size five. alas, stella is potty trained! so here it is. what i carry in my diaper bag. my infant essentials for on the go. not pictured: a BIG iced coffee.
- my bag is roomy and seriously one of the most beautiful bags i've ever owned. i got it from cleobella and adore its functionality.
- pampers dipes and wipes. they are so soft and fit theodore well being that he is smaller than the average babe.
- wood teething keys.
- natural teething bracelet. it's pretty and theo loves to gum it.
- natural paci.
- a swaddler or two to cover me up when nursing, to wipe up drool, to be used as a sun shade...honestly we use them for everything.
- field notes pad to jot down grocery lists and the like.
- a cozy knit. we got this one from zara baby and use it all the time.
- one or two cardboard books.
- burt's bees diaper ointment calming lotion.
- (not pictured: spilled goldfish, sunglasses, a water bottle, an extra white onesie, gas drops, princess bandaids, and an energy bar. give me all the engery!)
i would love to hear what your essential diaper bag items are. and happy almost mother's day to all you sweet mama bears.

Love that bag, Amanda! Mine is full of random scraps of paper with grocery lists, receipts, and lone baby socks haha ;)
ReplyDeleteLove the bag! I have very similar items in my diaper bag… and it sure was a happy day when I only needed one set of diapers! Happy upcoming mothers day:)
ReplyDeleteDig, dig, dig. We're big on Burt's Bees, and Honest Company - wipes, cream and sanitizer. Target dipes and blue/green pacis, couple of soft blankies (usually aiden and anais) and "snack" bottles just in case of meltdowns. And a giant bottle of water. And my phone. And hair ties. And a blue teething ring. And 3/4ths my sanity. The end.
ReplyDeleteHi Amanda! Greetings from Mexico city, i have a eleven month daughter, almost one in one week! I carry pretty much the same, the thing is that i always try to carry a bag for me to keep a little independant myself, but i havent succeed a lot, i carry a lot so a put again all my junk in the diaper bag! but my list goes a little like this:
ReplyDelete-huggies diapers and wipes,
-cardboard book "el bebé toca", its all riped off.
-avent bottles, fórmula.
-cotton swaddler,
-a full change of clothing,
-an apple, pear or a banana for my kid,
-pen and a moleskine pad for me
Thats pretty much all, i sure forget something, like every time we go out!
These are so cute. Really makes me want to be a mommy.
ReplyDeletethelittleliongirl.com
Oils....i always have oils to calm or help with a boo boo they get, whilst we are out and about.
ReplyDeleteLove the knitted jumper!
ReplyDeleteCUTE!! i miss the baby phase, now that mine is a toddler =)
ReplyDeletewww.lesley-kim.com
Cutest diaper bag ever!! And that sweater too :)
ReplyDeleteHi Amanda, I just came upon your blog and love it, so my style. I have a 5 year old and a 21 months old, both Girls, and I don't even own a diaper bag, ha ha ha. I gave up on that a long time ago, now I just carry some diapers and wipes, some EO Lavender Sanitizer Spray, some Beeswax and Beeswax Crayons, a Snack and a Waterbottle in my regular purse. Greetings from Maui, although we live in Northern California. XO
ReplyDeleteHi Amanda, I just came upon your blog and love it, so my style. I have a 5 year old and a 21 months old, both Girls, and I don't even own a diaper bag, ha ha ha. I gave up on that a long time ago, now I just carry some diapers and wipes, some EO Lavender Sanitizer Spray, some Beeswax and Beeswax Crayons, a Snack and a Waterbottle in my regular purse. Greetings from Maui, although we live in Northern California. XO
ReplyDeleteHi Amanda, cute bag and I love the teething keys, which I have to order! ;) In my diaper bag for two girls (3 years and 3 months) there is:
ReplyDelete- pampers and a changing mat for the little one
- changing clothes for both
- baby wipes
- burp cloth
- sunscreen (for all of the sunny days here in Germany - haha)
- bottle of water
- snacks (banana, bread, pretzels, cookies)
- hand sanitizer (I'm might be a bit hypochondriac)
- hand cream and lip balm for me
- plasters
- my wallet
- pen and moleskin
- corn sugar and gummi bears
- two little books
And I'm sure there's something I forgot! ;) And yes, it's as heavy as you think it is.
May I ask you a question? You are using the Solly Baby wrap, right? Would you recommend it? Looks so soft and cosy. Would love to have one and they ship internationally.
Love your blog, very inspiring! Thank you.
Kosima with Charlotte and Marlene
That diaper bag is just gorgeous! I have a few months old bb and i like a well organized bag. Always have diapers, wipes, washcloths, breastfeeding cover, hand sanitizer, water bottle, wallet, mobile phone, pen and notebook.
ReplyDeleteI can't live without bibs and of course lots of snacks and squeezy baby food packets! I also have a pair of socks always in there for times it gets chilly. Warm babies are happy babies!
ReplyDelete