1. our babies' tiny, cozy, charming, simple shared nursery space.
2. theodore's friends.
3. we love neutral baskets for toy storage & easy clean up.
4. greenery growing on top of their book shelves to brighten things up..
5. sheepskin to cover the hard floorboards, a moses basket that now houses toys & where stella bear sleeps.
6. darling elephants on a string & a wire photo hanger.
7. their wee art collection.
8. stella's floral little girl bed & all her babies she named "ruby".
9. hundreds of fairy tales & a market tote filled with stuffed animal friends.
10. a favorite piece found thrifting for bows and small toys & initials made out of cardboard letters, zinc spray paint, and peach yarn.
11. a vintage floral print found while home in iowa and a felt heart made by a dear friend.
12. wire baskets repainted from the target dollar section for theo's things & my great grandmother's mustard mirror, my most cherished heirloom.
14. ballerina shoes & a favorite book.
15. a mobile i made out this winter from leftover yarn and some sticks from our tree.
16. theodore's snowsuit that i hope he never grows out of.
*if you would like more information on how something was made or where something is from, please do not hesitate to ask!
this is wonderful- what a beautiful space you made for them.
ReplyDeletethank you so much, rachel!
DeleteBeautiful x
ReplyDeletewhy, thank you!! xx
Deletelove how you used the space for both kids . adorable
ReplyDeletethank you so much! it is such a sweet little room. xx
DeleteWhat a lovely little nursery & great photos (as usual)! Would you mind if I asked what you use to edit your pictures? I love the colors you're getting!
ReplyDeleteI use VSCO app editing on my phone...i love the warmth this editing app conveys. :)
Deletexx, amanda
Ahh, I figured as much! I love VSCO! If you don't already use it, you should look into getting their editing software for DSLRs. I just started using them to edit my photos from my Cannon, and I just love the look they give me.
Deleteso good to know! i will be checking into this for sure. xx
DeleteI adore this nursery. It is my favorite! Thanks for sharing all the info about it too :) The zinc letters and the yarn mobile are the cutest things! How did you hang the letters? I've always been curious about how to hang cardboard letters...
ReplyDeletethank you so much haley! such kind words. i hung the letters by putting nails in crevices in the wall that would secure each one. since they are not made for wall hanging per se, it took a little bit of rearranging until i figured it out. :)
Deletexx, amanda
So charming. My little one shares a room with us right now, but I can't wait to decorate his own when we move. Thank you for sharing! I love your home.
ReplyDeleteyou are so welcome, thank you for your kind words :)
Deletexx, amanda
I really love this space. We're just getting started preparing our daughters' shared space. I'll be coming back here for inspiration, I'm sure.
ReplyDeleteoh, thank you mary. so kind of you.
Deletexx, amanda
the room looks so warm and there is so much to discover. How does it go with both of them in one room? does theo sleeps in it the whole night? and does you girl wake up when he wakes up or when you enter the room to nurse your little one?
ReplyDeletewell, jenny...i am working on a motherhood post to give you more details about how it goes with two in a small room...we are still navigating these new waters so it changes daily, but i would be more than happy to share how it's going for us. so i suppose, stay tuned! xx amanda
Deletethe room looks so warm and beautiful. How does it go with two kids in it? Does you little boy sleeps in there through the night as well? And does the older one wakes up when you enter the room at night for breastfeeding? I am expecting a second baby and we also only have a small flat.
ReplyDeletei have these same questions. does your little girl wake when bubba does in the night? also, where is the beautiful mustard blanket come from? that space is amazing. x
Deletemamas...i am working on a motherhood post to give you more details about how it goes with two in a small room...we are still navigating these new waters so it changes daily, but i would be more than happy to share how it's going for us. so i suppose, stay tuned! and the mustard blanket it from pottery barn..our favorite throw ever. :) xx amanda
Deletethis looks like such a sweet nursery :)
ReplyDeletethank you asia, so very kind. xx amanda
DeleteI love all of these little snippets. I love the light, and colours, and little details. Truly an inspiration for my future nursery. I also live that Olivia and Madeline are next to each other on the bookshelf, because I just bought both for a friends little girl a few weeks ago - two if my favourite fictional heroines.
ReplyDeletethank you robin, and we could not get through nap time without olivia and madeline :) xx amanda
DeleteI love your blog and your little family. What a sweet nursery space! I've read some of your archived posts when you were still teaching (I teach middle school, too!) and relate so much to the things you talk about. Thanks for keeping this little space on the Internet and filling it with beautiful words and photos :)
ReplyDeletethank you so much for your kind words, they truly meant a lot. oh, and to be a teacher again! bless you, girl! xx amanda
DeleteSo darling, while I don't have any kids I want to remember this for future plans. Where did you find that mustard blanket? I've been looking for one just like that. Also I love your mobile with the stick and yarn. I'd put that up in my own bedroom!
ReplyDeletethank you kaitlin :) the mustard throw is from pottery barn and it is just the softest. i sometimes take it for myself :)
Deletexx amanda
Oh and where did you get the sheepskins from? I've been looking at the ones from Ikea.
ReplyDeleteikea for the win! next time we make a trip there i am getting another. we use ours ALL the time. xx amanda
DeleteFantastic! I will soon have 2 little ones and they will be sharing a nursery so it's so lovely to see how well you have made it work. Love all those little space saving ideas :) xx
ReplyDeleteit is sure small but oh so cozy! i love their little space. i am working on a motherhood post to share what it is like to have two babies share a room...so stay tuned. hopefully it will give you some insight and ideas of what has worked and was has not! xx amanda
DeleteThe design is so pretty I love all the little details!xx
ReplyDeletewell thank you so much, my dear! xx amanda
Deletethe sweetest little space.
ReplyDeletethank you sweet sara! xx amanda
DeleteSo beautiful! I'm also wondering how you edit your pictures. Gorgeous!!
ReplyDeletei took these with my phone and used VSCO app. i love it so...and its free :) xx amanda
DeleteFAVORITE colors ever. Whites, grays, mustards, yes. Bravo, dawlin'.
ReplyDeleteIs it okay if I call you dawlin'?
my favorite colors, too! and dawlin' sounds pretty perfect to me! xx amanda
DeleteFAVORITE colors ever. Whites, grays, mustards. Bravo, dawlin'.
ReplyDeleteIs it okay if I call you dawlin'?
I'm in love with your children's shared bedroom. I'm getting inspired. ~Lovely~
ReplyDeletethank you so much :) xx amanda
DeleteHi! This is such a beautiful space you've created! How did you make the yarn mobile?
ReplyDeletethank you so much jennifer, your kind words mean so much! i found a tutorial on pinterest to make tassels and used some leftover yarn from a knitting project. i secured it to a wooden stick we found at the park and i made them different lengths by wrapping one of the tassels i used to hang it around and around until i found a length i liked. i hope this helps! xx amanda
Deletewhere did you get the darling little girls bed? and, is it a toddler bed? thx. :D
ReplyDeleteit is a toddler bed and transitions from small to med to large, like a twin size! it's from IKEA, the land of all things lovely. :) xx amanda
Deletewhat an absolutely adorable, perfect nursery for your kiddos. love it.
ReplyDelete